Our school was originally founded in 1906 by four sisters from the French Order of the Sisters of the Sacred Heart. The old school's site was in Nightingale Road, Hitchin. Numbers rapidly increased after the war, and in 1967 our new school opened in Old Hale Way.
The school is divided into seven classes; one for Early Years Foundation Stage, two for Key Stage 1 and four for Key Stage 2. Each class has its own teachers and classroom for the year. Each class teacher is responsible for the welfare and education of the pupils in her class. Working as a team, the teachers develop a plan of work for the forthcoming year and forecast this work each term. Lessons are planned in detail each week. All plans are matched to National Curriculum Programmes of Study. A variety of teaching methods may be employed, and cross-curricular links are made between subjects to enable pupils to understand how subjects connect with each other.
It is our aim that all pupils will receive a curriculum which is balanced and broadly based, and which promotes their spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development, as well as preparing them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.