Year 2 Homework - week beginning 21st January 2019
RE homework due 23.1.19
Our new RE topic is ‘Sacramental People’. As part of this unit we will be exploring the Seven Holy Sacraments.
For your homework I would like you to produce a piece of work on your Baptism.
Please if possible find a photograph of you at your Baptism or alternatively draw a picture of this special day.
Stick/draw it on a loose sheet of paper (As I would like it to be put in your RE book). Then write down everything you know about the day.
- Who was there? (Godparents, Priest, Parents, Family members etc)
- What was their job that day?
- Where was it?
- When was it? How old were you?
- What happened during this ceremony?
- Why do you think you were baptised?
- Homework is given every Friday. Please note that homework is not optional. All homework must be completed with care taken on presentation and handed in on time. However, if your child is unable to carry out a piece of homework due to illness or any other extenuating circumstance, please let us know.
- One piece of homework will be set around the core subjects/topic each Friday to be completed in the Homework Books. This must be handed in the following Wednesday.
- Spellings and tables will also be sent home on a Friday in the spellings/tables book. These should be practised and learnt, ready to be tested the following Wednesday. It is important that the children remember to bring their spelling books back in to complete their test in.
- Reading is an integral part of our homework policy, and children should read for approx. 15mins every evening with supervision. Reading must be recorded in the reading record book for us to keep track of the books the children read at home, at school (during guided reading sessions with the teacher) and their progress through the year.
Reading books and reading record books should be in book bags every day.
The school follows the government's letters and sounds and use the Jolly Phonics scheme. The reading scheme used is primarily The Oxford Reading Tree.