Year 5 Homework - week beginning 20th January
All children are expected to spend 40 minutes on each piece of homework and read daily at home. Please do not worry if your child has already spent 40 minutes on a task and has not completed it. Any queries, please let me know via your child’s homework diary or come and speak to me. Thank you, Mr Pryde.
Year 5 Homework
Spellings and tables will be tested on Fridays
- Spellings – Sheet to practise new words in to go home with your child/children.
- Learn the spellings on the sheet for a test on Friday. The number of words will vary every week, depending of level of difficulty. If your child can spell these words confidently, I would like them to write sentences or a short paragraph with them (extension).
- Times tables- Learn/revise your times tables (up to x12) for a test on Friday. Most children are confident in Y5 with their times tables and their related division facts, if your child/children are still learning any of these times-tables, they will be tested on the specific table they need until they are confident to move on.
- RE – To be handed in on Wednesday 22nd January 2020
Write a diary entry about being one of the three kings (Magi) who followed the star to visit Jesus.
Answer the questions on worksheet.
- Don’t forget to read every night!
Can I also remind parents to sign their child’s homework diary by Friday and record their daily reading there, please? Thank you