Year 5 Homework - week beginning 12th November 2018
All children are expected to spend 40 minutes on each piece of homework and read daily at home. Please do not worry if your child has already spent 40 minutes on a task and has not completed it. Any queries, please let me know via your child’s homework diary or come and speak to me. Thank you, Mr Pryde.
Year 5 Homework
Spellings and tables will be tested on Fridays
- Spellings – Sheet to practise new words in to go home with your child/children.
- Learn the spellings on the sheet for a test on Friday. The number of words will vary every week, depending of level of difficulty. If your child can spell these words confidently, I would like them to write sentences or a short paragraph with them (extension).
- Times tables- Learn/revise your times tables (up to x12) for a test on Friday. Most children are confident in Y5 with their times tables and their related division facts, if your child/children are still learning any of these times-tables, they will be tested on the specific table they need until they are confident to move on.
- Project homework – Anglo Saxon project. Please see the sheet for information.
- Don’t forget to read every night!
Can I also remind parents to sign their child’s homework diary by Friday and record their daily reading there, please? Thank you
General Class Information
We would like to extend the amount of time Y5 & Y6 pupils can play on the school field during the winter months. To accommodate this we would ask parents to provide an old track suit and old trainers that can be kept in school during this time. Only pupils with a spare set of clothes will be allowed on the field.