Safeguarding is defined as protecting children from maltreatment, preventing impairment of health and/or development, ensuring that children grow up in the provision of safe and effective care and optimising children's life chances.
The school follows the procedures established by the Hertfordshire Safeguarding Children Board; a guide to procedure and practice for all agencies in Hertfordshire working with children and their families.
Designated Safeguarding Person (DSP) - Mrs S Snowball (Headteacher)
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Person - Mrs B Hobbs (Assistant Headteacher) and Miss E McNabola
Safeguarding & Child Protection Governor - Fr N Fernandes and Mrs A Stevens
SEN & LAC Governor - Mr T Gorton
Links to find out more
- NSPCC is a fantastic website to find out more about all the issues we have discussed:
- Childnet gives helpful talking points to get you started with a discussion with your child:
- Thinkuknow provides helpful tips on agreeing and setting boundaries:
- The UK safer Internet Centre has guides for parental controls:
- Google ‘Advice for parents and carers on cyberbullying’ to find a Department for Education document which includes interesting information and further links.
Members of staff and governors have been trained on WRAP, the Home Office's anti-radicalisation training package. For further information please see the parent pamphlet below
Lead People for Prevent
Mrs S Snowball - Head Teacher
Father Tom O'Brien - Governor